Planning for Environment and Resource eFficiency in European Cities and Towns
The socioeconomic and environmental services provided by the protection, development and exploitation of natural heritage in urban areas are collectively known across Europe as Green Infrastructure (GI) and the aim of the PERFECT project is to improve the implementation of regional development policies and programmes, in particular Investment for Growth and Jobs.
The overall objective of PERFECT is the identification, analysis, dissemination and transfer of good practices and policy experiences in the multiuse of Green Infrastructure (GI) into mainstream Structural Funds programmes. PERFECT aims to demonstrate how the protection, development and exploitation of natural heritage can deliver sustainable, smart and inclusive growth through the exchange of good practice on new uses of GI to blend with, and enhance existing uses.
- Seven Action Plans will be developed to enable monitoring of effective implementation of the lessons of PERFECT into the policy instruments. RRA LUR will strive to develop the Regional Green Infrastructure Strategy, of which the Action Plan and recommendations for co-financing investments in GI from European sources are integral parts.
- MAGIC matrix (MAGIC – Multi Advantages of Green Infrastructure in Cities) comprising of 52 cases of categorized good practice as a Guidance document for Action Plan development.
- Expert Papers and Factsheets that will help to raise awareness about the multifunctional benefits of green infrastructure and enhance governance arrangements to improve accessibility of funding to key stakeholders in the field of natural heritage.
- Organization of expert presentations, workshops and study visits – 92 policy learning events for stakeholders on multifunctional benefits of green infrastructure and the transfer of good practices and policy experiences into regional development programs and policies.
SLOVENIAN PROJECT PARTNER:
- Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region (RRA LUR)
- TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING ASSOCIATION, United Kingdom (lead partner)
- CORNWALL COUNCIL, United Kingdom
- SOUTH TRANSDANUBIAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, Hungary
- PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF STYRIA, DEPARTMENT FOR ENVIRONMENT AND SPATIAL PLANNING, Austria
- CITY OF AMSTERDAM, Netherlands
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE LJUBLJANA URBAN REGION (RRA LUR), Slovenia
- BRATISLAVA KARLOVA VES MUNICIPALITY, Slovakia
- MUNICIPALITY OF FERRARA, Italy
Total budget: 2.164.376,00 EUR
RRA LUR budget: 235.086,00 EUR
Cofinancing EU for RRA LUR: 199.823,10 EUR (85%)
Cofinancing RRA LUR: 35.262,90 EUR (15%)
1st January 2017 – 31st December 2021