SmartMOVE: Smart Solutions for Sustainable Mobility
Norway Grants and EEA Grants 2014–2021
Programme priority: Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
Purpose and goal of the project:
The main purpose of the SmartMOVE project is the preparation of strategies and the implementation of mobility plans, which will justify the need for systematic development of infrastructure for the development of multimodality in the region. Within the project, a system of dynamic collective passenger transport will be developed as a sustainable alternative to existing transport modalities. Concrete policy recommendations for decision-makers in the field of sustainable mobility will be prepared. By developing mobility plans to manage sustainable mobility in high-traffic locations, the project will contribute to improved mobility management. The main goal of the project is to limit the negative environmental impacts resulting from unsustainable forms of mobility and the long-term development of sustainable mobility, to which it will contribute in various ways.
Expected project results:
- Raising awareness of the importance of sustainable mobility between employers and employees and preparing the process for obtaining a special certificate for sustainable mobility.
- Designing a methodology and development of sustainability plans for organizations that employ a larger number of people and are located on main mobility hubs.
- Pilot establishing of a sustainable mobility solution for transport to LUR with dynamic collective passenger transport.
- Preparing recommendations for strategic orientations of the competent bodies of the Republic of Slovenia in the field of sustainable mobility and proposals for the improvement and upgrading of the existing Integrated Transport Strategy of the Ljubljana Urban Region.
- Regional Development Agency of the the Ljubljana Urban Region (Lead partner)
- Jožef Stefan Institute
- Ljubljana Urban Institute d.d.
- ZDS (Association of Employers of Slovenia)
- GoOpti d.o.o.
- IPoP – Institute for Spatial Policy
- Center of Energy Efficiency Solutions (CER)
- Nordland Research Institute
Total value of the project: 1.609.166,79 EUR
Norway Grants and EEA Grants 2014–2021 co-financing (100 %): 1.609.166,79 EUR
Project value for RRA LUR: 774.157,25 EUR
Norway Grants and EEA Grants 2014–2021 co-financing 100 %): 774.157,25 EUR
1st May 2022 – 30th April 2024
The SmartMOVE project is co-financed by Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway funds from the EEA Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financal Mechanism in the amount of EUR 1.609.166,79. The purpose of the project is Climate Change Mitiation and Adaptation. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of the RRA LUR and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the Climate Change Mitigation and Adaption Program Authority.
Working together for a green, cometitive and inclusive Europe.