FORTIS: Innovative Solutions to Foster Institutional Cooperation in Cross Border Regions
INTERREG V-A ITALIA-SLOVENIJA 2014-2020
Purpose and goal of the project:
The FORTIS project aims to develop innovative solutions that would improve the daily lives of residents of cross-border areas and promote inter-institutional dialogue on two main topics:
- improving the public local transport system for cross-border integration and better knowledge and exchange of good practices in administrative procedures,
- getting to know different legal frameworks in the field of vehicle registration and driving licenses.
Expected project results:
Analysis of existing public transport connections along the border, on the basis of which innovative solutions for the improvement of public transport in the cross-border area will be identified and tested.
Implementation of pilot measures (extension of the existing bus line Koper – Milje, Koper – Trieste, promotion of integrated bus transport between Italy and Slovenia with additional services (e.g. daily bus ticket between Trieste and Ljubljana, discounts on museum tickets, etc.) and sea connection to cross-border area).
Carrying out a case study on administrative and legislative procedures in the field of vehicle registration and driving license procedures.
In cooperation with the main stakeholders in public transport in the cross-border area, a cooperation agreement will be concluded with the aim of further promoting public transport and intermodality in the border area.
- Central European Initiative (CEI) Executive Secretariat – Lead Partner, Italy
- Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia (RFVG), Italy
- Unioncamere del Veneto – Eurosportello (UCV), Italy
- Municipality of Koper (IOC), Slovenia
- Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region (RRA LUR), Slovenia
Total value of the project: 759.290,00 EUR
Total project value for RRA LUR: 130.275,00 EUR
EU co-financing (85 %): 110.733,75 EUR
RRA LUR co-financing (15 %): 19.541,25 EUR
1st March 2020 – 28th February 2022