Final COCO4CCI conference
Conference: Creative collaborations for the future
Date: 2 March 2022
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Fees: free admission
Registration: via Eventbrite (mandatory)
Participation-Link: you will be notified in time with the participation link
Networking: Please find all speakers and participants on Linkedin: Creative collaborations for the future
Drivers for interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral innovations in Europe
The New European Bauhaus brings together citizens, experts, businesses and institutions and facilitates discussions about creating a better tomorrow. Also it mobilizes different groups like designers, architects, engineers, scientists, students and creative minds across disciplines to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
Especially when it comes to creating impact for the future, the skills and approaches of the cultural and creative industries in Central Europe are highly valuable. They have a great potential to link up with other industry sectors and boost economic and social development by empowering innovation processes with creative inputs.
The online conference „Creative collaborations for the future – drivers for interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral innovations in Europe“ will introduce The New European Bauhaus and showcase creative approaches and cross-sectoral innovations in Europe.
9:00: Welcome & Introduction
- Grit Ackermann, Head of Project Department, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia
- Christophe Ebermann, Project and Evaluation Manager, Interreg Central Europe
- Wolfgang Gumpelmaier-Mach, Creative Region Linz & Upper Austria
9:20: Keynote “The New European Bauhaus”
- Michela Magas will speak about 10 years of feeding policy from grassroots creative experimentation with multidisciplinary communities that unite the CCI with scientific researchers and industrial partners. This hands-on approach to innovation prototyping and evidence-based policy making has proven to boost regional ecosystems – each according to their needs and according to the challenges they face. Even during the pandemic co-creation in blended environments has resulted in multipliers and personal transformations with multiple awards, ongoing funding, and long-term collaborations. Michela will show how these methodologies have become relevant for policy at high level in initiatives such as the New European Bauhaus.
9:45: Q&A with Keynote Speaker Michela Magas
10:00: Inspirational Talks & Best Practices from Central Europe
- Jurij Krpan, Artistic Director of Kersnikova Institute Ljubljana. He is leading the establishment of Lab for speculative innovation and expert in involving art-thinking and design-thinking into the innovation process facilitated by innovation catalysts.
10:25: Short Break
10:35: Inspirational Talks & Best Practices from Central Europe
- Agnieszka Polkowska, speculative designer, design curator and educator in design, founder of Trendspot and co-founder of Touching Points studio, which was established to transfer ideas between different sectors and implementing them into strategic actions. In her talk she contributes to the question “How might we design inclusive and open rooms/spaces?” “Space is energy first, which later – with added structures becomes – physical. In order to create a situation, which is a collaborative one, I believe we need to build a system where each realm can and have a potential to become a valuable input to each other. My aim is to design a space, which will be inclusive and to build creative cycles, in which either one domain or single individual initiate a revolution or evolution by affecting one another. I will share my experience with situations, contexts and used tools that truly helped me with welcoming creative minds to innovate with cross-pollinating ideas.”
11:00: Networking with the speakers & participants / break
11:20: Inspirational Talk & Best Practice from Central Europe
- Raffaela Seitz dedicates herself to the conception and organisation of cross sector offers in the Cross Innovation Hub at Hamburg Kreativ. In her talk she contributes to the question “How might we turn experiments to sustainable concepts/models?”
12:10: Networking with the speakers & participants / break